Exchange to Office 365
Many organizations are migrating their data from Exchange Server to Office 365.
So here we have explained Hybrid Migration for easily migrating the Exchange Mailboxes to Office 365 Environment.
- To Perform the migration you must have access to your DNS Records
- Hybrid Migration can be performed only if you are using Exchange Server 2010 and later editions.
- You must have a third party exchange server installed on your machine.
Why Companies are migrating from Exchange 2010/2013/2016/2019 to Office 365?
The introduction of Microsoft Office 365 in 2011 has resulted in most companies moving their business email and other details from Exchange to the cloud rather than maintaining a local system. If your business wants to manage its email system in the cloud, Office 365 is the best option.
- With Office 365 Your team can work remotely, that is, from anywhere at any time, on any device.
- Office 365 has best malware filtering and spam detection tools
- You can control your company’s overall costs with Office 365.
- In addition to reducing the cost of IT support and maintenance, you can streamline the workflow.
- Your team will be more productive with Office 365’s smart communication and collaboration tools.
- Overall, the security features provided by Office 365 are strong and reliable.
- Moreover, upgrades and updates are managed by Microsoft, so the server is robust and scalable.
THIS IS A SERVICE THAT WE PROVIDE IN IRELAND
How we Migrate On-Premise Exchange 2010/2013/2016/2019 to Office 365?
Step 1: Pre-Requisites to Perform Exchange to Office 365 Migration
Access to DNS Records: In order to divert mail flow, and client requests to Exchange online, rather than Exchange on premise, we access your public domain’s DNS records as the ‘global administrator’ account.
Minimum Requirement Exchange 2010: The minimum requirement to perform on premise hybrid migration is that your on premise sever should be a Exchange Server 2010 or later. If you have Exchange Server 2007, 2003, 2000 then you will need our services to perform this migration task.
Certificate: We will install a certificate on your Exchange server that has been issued by a third party certificate vendor (ZettaBytes), as you cannot use self-signed certificates for this purpose.
Modify User Principle Name: The migration task will become much simpler when we change users UPN to match the relevant email address. Here are the steps to do the same:
- Open Active Directory >> Select User >> Right Click on it and select Properties
- Navigate to Account Tab >> their you will see your Users Logon name.
Step 2: Preparing Office 365 for Migration from Exchange 2010/2013/2016/2019
Enable MRS Proxy:
- Open Exchange Admin Center >> Servers >> Virtual Directories >> EWS >> Edit
- Now in the Next window >> Check the box for Enable MRS Proxy Endpoint and then click on Save button
We will download and Install Azure Active Directory Connector
- Download and Install Active Directory Connector into your machine, this tool will help us in replicating the groups and users etc. to Office 365 environment.
- Use Express Settings to replicate all users and groups from Exchange to Office 365 environment.
- Enter Office 365 Login Credentials
- In your Office 365 Enable the option for Exchange Hybrid Deployment
- Create new txt record in DNS >> after doing the same verify domain ownership
- Upload the CAS Server >> Next
- Configuration Window, on the CAS Server that will connect to office 365
- Upload your publicly signed certificate.
- Enter FQDN of you Exchange
Step 3: Add Domain to Office 365 Account
- Login to Office 365 >> open Exchange Admin Center
- Create a TXT record to verify domain ownership.
- Create DNS Records to point everything to Office 365.